Obtaining education and certification is one of the keys if you wish to climb the ladder of success in the field of Information Technology. Here are 10 of the latest certification courses that will help give your career that much-needed boost.
1. Project Management Professional (PMP) – With an average annual salary of $105,750, the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional qualification is recognized as a significant certification for Project Managers. This highly coveted course is acknowledged internationally and is in high demand by individuals and corporations alike. PMP focuses on Planning, Initiating, Implementing, Controlling and Finishing. This certification implies that a person has the needed education and experience to successfully head and manage large projects.
2. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – With an average annual salary of $103,299, the credential of CISSP is crucial for security managers and professionals charting out procedures and policies for information security. This certification has set the industry gold standard and is critical for those working in military, government and civilian security positions.
3. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) – Solutions Developers earn an average annual salary of $97,849, MCSD is a Microsoft certification course for developers and has replaced the older Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification. This certification establishes the applicant’s capability to design and create application solutions that can integrate multiple technologies or run several versions of a single technology. Developers are required to study and build enterprise solutions with various development tools and Microsoft languages. MCSE certification-holders will need to recertify after three years.
4. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) – Database Administrators earn an average annual salary of $95,950. MCDBA recognition allows Microsoft Certified Database Administrators to show-off his capability to structure, execute and operate SQL Server 2000 databases. They are granted access to critical information and are required to control their own business intelligence software and database servers. Unfortunately, this Microsoft certification has been terminated as of September 2012, however, if you had pursued it prior to that it will still show as legacy certification on your transcript. There are two possible alternative MCSE certification programs for SQL 2012 – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Business Intelligence and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Data Platform.
5. Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) – With an average annual salary of $94,799, the CCDA reflects that the certified person has a solid foundation and knowledge of network design for the Cisco converged networks. This certification is apt for technicians, network design engineers and support engineers in network environments. A CCDA-certified individual has the ability to design a switched and routed network infrastructure and services entailing WAN, LAN and broadband network for organizations and businesses.
6. Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) – Application Developers earn an average annual salary of $93,349, the MCAD credential brings industry recognition to professional developers who set up powerful applications with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET plus web services. Duties include developing, positioning, testing and upholding department-level application components, desktop or web clients along with back-end data services via Microsoft technologies and tools. The certification is for Analysts, Programmers, Software Engineers, Application/Software Developers and Software Application Specialists.
7. VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DV) – The concept of virtualization and professionals with the knowledge of virtualization products are in great demand. Professionals with skills like datacenter virtualization are a requirement of the industry, which needs a certification to validate your technical proficiencies. VMware, the leading vendor of virtualization products, offers VMware certification to learn industry know-how in the virtual infrastructure. With an average annual salary of $92,400, VCP-DV certification implies that you have cleared VMWare-authorized training program and also hold the significant experience to effectively establish, coordinate, scale and manage vSphere settings.
8. Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) – With an average annual salary of $91,350, CNE displays that you possess the expertise to solve high-level company-wide support problems and intricate network problems. Certified Novell Engineers perform preparation, deployment, configuration, upgrades and troubleshooting for networks. The program has been deemed as among IT industry’s best certifications for professionals in the sphere of troubleshooting and advanced networking.
9. ITIL v3 Foundation – The ITILv3 or Information Technology Infrastructure Library is a foundation process that caters to IT Service Management. ITIL success depends on the utilization of proven and documented processes that span the Service Lifecycle. Of the total four levels, the ITIL Expert level is third. With an average annual salary of $90,900, this certification is for those aspirants who wish to portray deeper awareness of ITIL Version 3 (v3).
10. Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) – Citrix XenServer 6 – With an average annual salary of $90,850, the Citrix CCA is a certification for the entry level. Holding this certification establishes the individual’s skills with a particular Citrix products (there are 11 products in all.) The most popular products are XenDesktop, XenServer and XenApp. This certificate will show your ability to successfully set up, configure, supervise, maintain and also troubleshoot XenServer 6.0 Enterprise edition and the Provisioning Services 6.0 in your enterprise.
|Author bio: Devika Arora is a prolific writer. She is currently writing articles on various Microsoft Certification colleges in Delhi-NCR, news stories and blog posts on employment and education. The above article discusses Microsoft Certification courses.|
Image courtesy of ddpavumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.